Website Flathead Community Health Center
Your Wellness Matters- Our Quality Health Team Includes You!
We are searching for a socially minded accounting professional to help us manage a portfolio of granting initiatives. Accounting experience is just as important as project management and communication skills in this role. The Accountant will be responsible for supporting the Program managers and strategic initiative leaders in creation of program budgets, the on-boarding of new grantees, ensuring accurate grant and expense coding, and internal grant reporting. This role will report to the Director of Finance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent certification.
- Non-profit accounting, grants management or related field: 3 years (Required)Some experience accounting for complex grant awards spanning multiple years
- Knowledge & skills
- Knowledge of finance and accounting best practices and procedures including Generally
- Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) in a non-profit environment
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Proficient in MS Office and overall computer efficiency
- Effectiveness in oral and written communication
- Excellent eye for detail, and diligent knowledge of accounting regulations
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Is not afraid to ask questions when needed but at the same time, can work independently
- Intellectual curiosity and demonstrated predisposition to continuous learning.
- Strong work ethic, positive, caring, knowledge of cultural diversity and social determinants of health, team oriented.
- May be requested to perform functions relevant to the position but not listed above.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain detailed knowledge of the grant’s portfolio, and revenue and expense mapping
- Ensure all expenses are mapped to proper GL account number and Project ID’s
- Manage federal and state grant compliance and reporting
- Run the AP and AR cycle
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of accounts payable.
- Obtains W-9 and assists with 1099 preparation.
- Interacts with vendors and department managers when processing a resolution of account discrepancies.
- Reconciles monthly bank statements.
- Records bank transactions, process expense reports and credit card statements.
- Uploads payroll, bank statements and credit card statements into the financial accounting system
- Assist with Audits and Year End Close Duties, as well as grant audits
- Assist in Management accounting, financial reporting and grant reporting.
- Maintains accounting department files and records.
- Runs monthly reports as required.
- Prepare financial close by posting journal entries and other close-related activities, balance sheet accounts reconciliations.
- Assists with special accounting projects as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org