Website Flathead Community Health Center
Your Wellness Matters- Our Quality Health Team Includes You!
Performs dental assistant functions under the appropriate supervision and scope of practice. The Dental Assistant is responsible for assisting the dental provider with dental procedures as appropriate; providing patient education for oral health and well-being; receiving and routing to telephone calls and inquiries regarding dental services and scheduling patients in dental provider appointment schedules as necessary. The Dental Assistant is responsible to the Executive Director (Administrative Duties) and the Dentist (clinical duties).
- Must be a high school graduate or equivalent, preferably supplemented by course work or training in dental procedures.
- Must have successfully completed a MT board-approved written radiography examination at the time of employment or within 6 months of employment.
- Preference to applicant with prior experience in a community health center based dental practice.
- Preference to candidate who is a graduate of an ADA-accredited dental
Knowledge & Skills
- Must possess personal and professional knowledge necessary for the performance of the assigned work and be suitable for employment as evidenced by evaluation.
- Must understand infection control and cross contamination issues in a dental setting
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
Attitude & Disposition
Strong work ethic, positive, caring, knowledge of cultural diversity and social determinants of health, team oriented. May be requested to perform functions relevant to the position but not listed above.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Assisting the dentist during dental procedures
- Cleaning, sterilizing, disinfecting and placing barriers in the dental operatories
- Preparing and maintaining dental instruments, supplies and equipment
- Collecting and recording patient health histories and conducting dental charting as assigned
- Preparing dental materials, cements, amalgam, composite, etc
- Providing inventory review and ordering supplies
- Managing the dental office infection control plan to meet OSHA, CDC and ADA standards
- Assisting in front office duties including appointment scheduling and confirmation, patient reception, and patient records management
- Participating in FCHC Quality Assurance activities as they pertain to dentistry.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with fellow employees, supervisors, and the public.
- Performing other duties as assigned within the Registered Dental Assistant scope of practice.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org