Website Flathead Community Health Center
Your Wellness Matters- Our Quality Health Team Includes You!
Job Summary: Coordinates administrative and technical support duties relating to management of third-party billing activities and related work as required.
Essential Functions (Major Duties or Responsibilities): These duties are the essential functions and are not all-inclusive of all duties that the incumbent performs.
· Prepares, reviews, and transmits clean claims for medical, dental, and behavioral health billing either electronically or by paper.
· Imports data from the patient accounts billing system, corrects errors and transmits to clearinghouse.
· Follows up on unpaid claims with standard billing cycle timeframe.
· Communicates with insurance companies regarding claims payments.
· Identifies and bills secondary or tertiary insurances.
· Researches and appeals denied claims.
· Manages monthly statement process to patients.
· Enters third party payment into the data system as appropriate.
· Determines Medicaid and other insurance eligibility.
· Assists patients in understanding billing charges and developments payment plans as necessary.
· Collects patient payments.
· Maintain knowledge of primary code classifications (CPT, ICD-10) and third party billing requirements and acts as a resource to providers for billing and coding issues.
· Performs related work as required.
· Takes the initiative to increase knowledge needed to effectively process claims and bills. This may include course-related studies, attending workshops as well as other means of knowledge acquisition.
· Ensure the confidentiality of patients’ personal information.
Incumbents may be requested to perform functions relevant to the position but not listed above.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Work is performed in an office and clinic environment and requires typical range of motion and physical agility associated with the operation of office equipment.
This is a non-supervisory position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Knowledge of Medicaid, Medicare, and third party payment sources.
· Knowledge of medical billing systems and electronic health records.
· Knowledge of medical terminology likely to be encountered in medical claims.
· Knowledge of debt collection practices and insurance guidelines.
· Knowledge of contemporary computer usage including word processing, spreadsheets and databases.
· Skill in communication with patients and healthcare organizations.
· Skill in the use of various office machines with a high level of proficiency.
· Ability to communicate effectively the details of electronic billing by offering assistance to other billers; informing co-workers of changes within the system.
· Ability to perform complex clerical work.
· Ability to effectively deal with administrative detail.
· Ability to make mathematical computations.
· Ability to act with initiative and good judgment and to make sound independent fiscal and administrative decisions.
Education and Experience:
· High school graduation or equivalent, preferably supplemented by course work or training in medical billing.
· Minimum 3 years’ experience in healthcare billing and collections practices, preferably within an FQHC.Benefits: Benefits: 401(k) , Dental insurance, Disability insurance , Flexible spending account , Health insurance, Health savings account, Life insurance, Paid time off
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org