Website Flathead Community Health Center
Your Wellness Matters- Our Quality Health Team Includes You!
Job Summary: Provide technical support to support accurate medical documentation and coding for the purposes of high quality patient care and accurate reimbursement for medical, dental, and behavioral health claims. Works as a team member in the billing department to assist with administrative and technical support duties relating to management of third-party billing activities and related work as required.
Essential Functions (Major Duties or Responsibilities): These duties are the essential functions and are not all-inclusive of all duties that the incumbent performs.
· Assigns code to diagnoses and procedures using ICD and CPT codes
· Ensures codes are accurate and sequenced correctly in accordance with government and insurance regulations.
· Reviews and verifies documentation to support diagnosis, procedure, and treatment results.
· Follows up with providers on any documentation that is insufficient or unclear.
· Provides information for the preparation of documents for legal inquiries and/or litigation.
· Works as a team with the other billing staff to complete billing duties.
· Identifies and bills secondary or tertiary insurances.
· Researches and appeals denied claims.
· Enters third party payment into the data system as appropriate.
· Determines Medicaid and other insurance eligibility.
· May assist patients in understanding billing charges and developments payment plans as necessary.
· Maintain knowledge of primary code classifications (CPT, ICD-10) and third party billing requirements and acts as a resource to providers for billing and coding issues.
· Performs related work as required.
· Takes the initiative to increase knowledge needed to effectively process claims and bills. This may include course-related studies, attending workshops as well as other means of knowledge acquisition.
· Ensures the confidentiality of patients’ protected health information.
Incumbents may be requested to perform functions relevant to the position but not listed above.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
Work is performed in an office and clinic environment and requires typical range of motion and physical agility associated with the operation of office equipment.
This is a non-supervisory position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Knowledge of coding in an ambulatory setting.
· Knowledge of Medicaid, Medicare, and third party payment sources.
· Knowledge of medical billing systems and electronic health records.
· Knowledge of medical terminology and anatomy.
· Knowledge of debt collection practices and insurance guidelines.
· Knowledge of contemporary computer usage including word processing, spreadsheets and databases.
· Skill in communication with patients and healthcare organizations.
· Skill in the use of various office machines with a high level of proficiency.
· Ability to communicate effectively the details of medical coding by offering assistance to other billers; informing co-workers of changes within the system.
· Ability to perform complex clerical work.
· Ability to effectively deal with administrative detail.
· Ability to make mathematical computations.
· Ability to act with initiative and good judgment and to make sound independent fiscal and administrative decisions.
Education and Experience:
· High school graduation or equivalent, preferably an Associates Degree in medical coding.
· Possesses a certification in Medical Coding from an accredited program.
· Minimum 1-3 years’ experience in healthcare coding and billing, preferably within an FQHC.Benefits: Benefits: 401(k) , Dental insurance, Disability insurance , Flexible spending account , Health insurance, Health savings account, Life insurance, Paid time off
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com