Website Flathead Community Health Center
Your Wellness Matters- Our Quality Health Team Includes You!
This position functions under the supervision of the Clinic Manager for general clinical support and administrative duties.
- Graduate of a Medical Assistant training program with Montana.
- Certification as a Medical Assistant or demonstrated competencies and experience as a medical assistant.
- Preference will be given to persons with previous medical assistant experience in a clinical setting.
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of current clinical practice standards, including universal precautions.
- Ability to understand and disseminate information relating to the operation of the Health Center
- Maintain effective working relationships with staff and public
Attitude & Disposition
Strong work ethic, positive, caring, knowledge of cultural diversity and social determinants of health, team oriented. May be requested to perform functions relevant to the position but not listed above.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare and room patients.
- Manage lab specimens– preparation, mailing, filing and follow-up.
- Provide phone triage and follow-up under direction clinical supervisor.
- Assist provider in the completion of EKGs, Holter monitors and other screening tests.
- Schedule diagnostic tests, consults and procedures with referral physicians.
- Assist clinical provider in minor surgical procedures.
- Provide injections and immunizations under direction of the provider and complete all necessary documentation.
- Stock rooms and maintain inventory.
- Perform phlebotomies and other CLIA-waived testing.
- Manage record requests and receipts from pharmacies and other medical specialists.
- Assist with quality assurance activities.
- Refer to the Medication Assistance Program for FCHC patients.
- Documentation in EHR.
- Provide back-up support to front office staff.
- Work is mainly performed in an office/clinic setting with computer/phone work and moderate noise. Standing, bending, sitting, lifting, required. Frequently required to walk, sit, talk, and hear.
- Must occasionally lift and/ or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work occurs in clinical, medical facility environment.
- Duties may require exposure to hostile, emotionally disturbed or mentally ill persons and/or confrontational interpersonal situations.
- May involve occasional exposure to pathogens which requires knowledge of basic infection control and safety procedures.
- May involve occasional travel by auto to attend meetings with community partners.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org