Website One Health (Formly Known as Bighornvalley Health Center)
Building healthy families one person at a time
The PMHNP is responsible for providing psychiatric/mental health services to health center patients. The PMHNP serves a consultative role and is a member of the primary care team. The role of the PMHNP is to assess, diagnose and treat the mental health needs of patients. The PMHNP provides therapy and prescribes medications for patients who have mental health disorders or substance abuse problems as well as those with family histories or other factors that increase the likelihood of potential mental illness. This individual may also provide psychosocial assessments and urgent psychiatric care and treatment effectiveness evaluations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Evaluates and treats patients/clients within licensed scope of practice; evaluates and treats mental illness and substance abuse, treats or appropriately refers patients, for specialty evaluation and treatment, provides preventive health/lifestyle advice and case management, and provides consultation to other staff.
- Provide mental health assessments, diagnoses, and treatment plans in identified areas; provide medication management for patients; and maintain appropriate health records.
- Obtain comprehensive health histories, request special diagnostic and laboratory tests, interpret test results, and develop comprehensive psychiatric treatment plans.
- Prescribe pharmaceutical therapy consistent with medical evaluation, treatment plan and current standards of practice.
- Educates and informs patients and their families about mental health issues and steps they can take to boost their care.
- Participates in multi-disciplinary, team-based care of patients/clients.
- Provides consultation to other members of primary care and behavioral health care teams.
- Maintains continuity of care when health center patients utilize other health care facilities, i.e. referrals, emergency room services, outpatient departments, specialty clinics, and inpatient services.
- Maintain quality care through participation in peer review, policy development and quality improvement programs
- Participates in the formation and evaluation of applicable protocols.
- Participates in training, reporting, and other requirements of various grant supported programs implemented by BVHC and partners.
- Participates in the student and/or other clinical discipline training activities at the center.
- Participates in staff meetings.
- Participates in on-site and off-site outreach and continuing education programs and ensures training to maintain license and to meet the needs of the population.
- Adheres to all One Health Policies and Procedures.
- Participates in performance optimization and risk management activities as required.
- Cooperates and abides by all elements of One Health’s Compliance Program.
- Provides exceptional customer service and models the mission of One Health when interacting with internal and external stakeholders promoting a positive image for the health center.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required with or without prior notification by supervisor.
MINIMUM JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
Master’s or Doctorate in Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing
Licensed in the State of Montana as a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Valid driver’s license
Two (2) years of experience related to the above job responsibilities
To apply for this job please visit bvhc.bamboohr.com.