Website All Nations Health Center
TITLE: Outreach Eligibility Specialist
REPORTS TO: Director of Business and Finance
FLSA STATUS: Non – Exempt
STATUS: Full Time
The All Nations Health Center Eligibility Specialist works with All Nations clients and potential clients to
determine access for health coverage eligibility. The Outreach Eligibility Specialist serves as a team
member of the Connecting Kids to Coverage program, which is aimed at ensuring Native children, families,
and pregnant people have access to healthcare coverage under Montana State Medicaid, Healthy Montana
Kids (HMK), and Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP). The Eligibility Specialist is responsible for
helping All Nation’s clients and prospective clients with health insurance applications, renewals, and other
eligibility determination processes. This position works closely with other members of the Connecting Kids
to Coverage program and the Finance Department.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Conduct financial fact-finding interviews with patients who are seeking healthcare benefits to
determine eligibility based on income, household size, employment, etc.
• Provide Medicaid/HMK/CIP navigation assistance to current and prospective clients off-site at
outreach events, WIC office, Early Headstart, University of Montana, and other partner institutions.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge and understanding of available healthcare coverage options for
All Nations clients.
• Regularly participate in trainings, conferences, and cohort meetings with other Eligibility
Specialists to expand knowledge base related to Montana State laws regarding health
• Complete Medicaid/HMK/CHIP and other applicable applications/releases.
• Monitor all applicants who are eligible for Medicaid or other financial assistance or coverage
plans, as required.
• Enter clear and concise notes in the required patient accounting systems.
• Ensure all supporting documents, including applications and receipts, are obtained and filed
• Successfully help coordinate and manage the portfolio of Medicaid/HMK/CHIP applicants.
• Adhere to all relevant regulations related to involvement with local, state and federal government
programs as well as All Nations and our clients’ compliance programs.
• Provide excellent internal and external customer service to All Nations clients, staff, and
• Interface with external revenue system/billing and coding partners to ensure that
Medicaid/HMK/CHIP statements are accurate and meet timely filing deadlines.
• When clients are determined ineligible for state-sanctioned health coverage options, assist
clients in navigating third-party options to ensure health coverage is attained.
• In conjunction with other interdisciplinary team members, assist in coordinating and
implementing outreach events that provide the Missoula community with
opportunities to access help with health coverage.
• Assist in and facilitate data collection and analysis regarding outreach events, number of
eligible applications submitted, number of clients assisted, etc.
• Report monthly on enrollment analytics.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Knowledge of industry-specific programs as they relate to Indian Health and Urban Indian
• Expert competence using computers and the internet.
• A sense of commitment to the unique needs of the Native American population and All Nations
• Attention to detail with proficient planning and organizational skills, sufficient to prioritize and
successfully complete job demands.
• Ability to work independently and/or with minimal supervision, as well as, ability to clearly
follow supervisor instructions.
• Ability to interact with and understand cultural differences and apply skill in working with people
of varied social, ethnic and economic backgrounds.
• Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy, to gain confidence, support and cooperation of individuals
and groups in accomplishing objectives.
• Flexibility and adaptability to stress and ability to work under stressful situations, when
necessary; and apply conflict resolution skills for effective outcomes.
• Associate’s degree, or equivalent professional experience, in business, communication, billing
and coding, community health, prevention sciences, or other relevant field.
• Working knowledge of urban, tribal, or federal healthcare setting providing insurance and
eligibility services, or willing to learn.
• Candidate must have reliable transportation, a valid Montana driver’s license, and be willing to
consent to criminal background checks.
• Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office (specifically Word and Excel), electronic
medical records, email, and database software.
• Excellent leadership, organizational, written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills.
• Demonstrate sound judgment, decision-making, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and privacy consistently and constantly with all aspects of
information in accordance with practice, state, and federal regulations.
• Practice, develop, and endorse strong internal and external customer service skills.
• Ability to read, understand, follow and enforce safety procedures.
• Ability to work with a high-risk, minority population and maintain emotional stability to cope
with human suffering, emergencies, and other stressors.
• Ability to work effectively at all levels in a collaborative, customer service-oriented, team
• A high school diploma is required.
• Valid MT Driver’s License and clean driving record
• Be willing to consent to criminal background check
Employees may be requested to stay or report to work, when needed, to complete essential tasks to the
benefit of the organization. This may require working a non-traditional work schedule or working outside
normally assigned duties to complete tasks.
Essential job duties may require occasional lifting, pushing, and pulling up to 25 pounds. The ability to
occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch and utilize reaching, handling, fingering, and feeling movements is
required. The ability to hear the normal conversational discussion and near and far visual clarity is required.Benefits: Health Insurance, Retirement, Dental Insurance
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org