Since 2013, Montana’s uninsured rate has dropped from 20% to 8.6%. This drop is largely due to new coverage options through the Health Insurance Marketplace and expanded Montana Medicaid.
The Cover Montana project works to connect Montanans who have questions about enrolling in health insurance options with a local enrollment assister who can walk them through the process. This is largely done through the Cover Montana website. Enrollment assisters are located at Health Centers, Urban Indian Health Centers, hospitals, Indian Health Service, Tribal Health, and other organizations. In the fall of 2021, MPCA was awarded a CMS Navigator grant to provide statewide outreach and enrollment assistance. MPCA also facilitates the Cover Montana project and provides training and technical assistance to enrollment assisters from across Montana. Trainings are done via webinar and MPCA Population Health and Enabling Services Summit that happens in October. Stay in the loop, sign up for the Cover Montana email list.
Visit covermt.org here.
Cover Montana Trainings & Technical Assistance
Looking for information about your coverage options? Visit the Cover Montana website.
Sign up for the Cover Montana email updates and learn about upcoming training opportunities. Sign up here.
The 2023 federal enrollment assister training is open. All enrollment assisters must complete annual certification. Learn more 2023 Assister Certification Training Modules Now Available!. If you have questions about becoming a Certified Application Counselor, email Olivia.
Trainings and Webinars:
Information about all Cover Montana and MPCA webinars is also available on the calendar.
2023 Cover Montana webinar dates:
With the Medicaid unwinding set to begin in April, all 2023 webinars will focus on information and updates relating to the Medicaid unwinding. Also, check out MPCA’s Medicaid Unwinding Information page for more info, print materials, and more.
Past unwinding webinars:
- April 27th – All things Medicaid Unwinding – Recording of the presentation – Recording of the Q & A – slides
- March 23rd – Medicaid unwinding overview and focus on SEPs – Recording of the webinar – slides
– Key links from webinar: NEW DPHHS Medicaid updates website
- February 23rd – Medicaid unwinding overview with DPHHS – Recording of the overview – Recording of the Q & A – slides
April 27th, 11am
May 25th, 11am
June 22nd, 11am
July 27th, 11am
2022 Cover Montana Virtual Summit Sessions:
Welcome and Keynote with Jennifer Sullivan; Federal Updates for OE10 – slides – recording
Breakout: Medicare Roundup for SHIP-trained Assisters – slides – recording
Breakout: Tribal Outreach and Enrollment – slides– recording
Breakout: Deep Dive into the Medicaid Appeals Process – slides – recording
Breakout: Media 101 – Preparing for Open Enrollment – recording
State of the State and Regional Roundtables – slides – recording
Medicaid 101 & Changes at the end of the Public Health Emergency
– Session resources: Cover Montana PAHL Scenarios 9.28.2022 – Medicaid Change Report Form HCS-260A
Closing Keynote: Changing our Perspectives on Substance Use Disorders – recording
2023 Plans and Prices – recording – Blue Cross Blue Shield Slides – Mountain Health COOP Slides – 2023 Mountain Health COOP Plan Comparison – PacificSource Slides
Past Cover Montana Learning Series webinars:
– June 9, 2022 – Understanding Behavioral Health Access and Coverage – Recording – Slides
– May 11, 2022 – Making sense of the health insurance appeals process – Recording – Slides – Montana CSI appeals handout
– March 9, 2022 – The No Surprises Act – What Montana Consumers Need to Know – Recording – Slides – US PIRG Handout