Website Alluvion Health
Creating and Inspiring Healthier Lives
The Family Practice Physician primary job function is to provide clinical leadership and high-quality provision of clinic based comprehensive primary and preventive health care services to patients at Alluvion Health. The Family Practice Physician works independently and interdependently with other clinic departments and providers to ensure integrated care for patient centered outcomes. Assists in providing off-hours medical coverage to ensure 24-hour availability for all clinic patients and contracted services. In conjunction with the Medical Director, the Family Practice Physician participates in the development and implementation of policies, procedures and protocols. The Family Practice Physician is an integral member of Quality Improvement and serves as a champion for Patient Centered Medical Home.
All employees will exhibit the following behavioral traits:
Integrity and Trust
Individual is widely trusted and can present information and discuss situations in an appropriate and helpful manner, keeps confidences, admits mistakes, doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain. Is respectful in action and communication with clients, patients and staff.
Adheres to the organization’s mission during times of ease or challenge, is dedicated to the expectations and requirements of the mission and vision, acts in line with the values identified by Alluvion Health.
Understands and supports the team approach and integrated model of Alluvion Health. Is seen as a team player, cooperative and supportive of his/her coworkers, practices what he/she preaches. Can be candid with peers and fosters open dialogue. Creates a feeling of belonging on the team and holds self and team accountable to those behaviors.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
1. Provides primary health care to patients according to established principles of clinical practice and the patient’s current Health Care Plan. Performs out-patient procedures within the scope of primary care;
2. Assists the Medical Director and other physicians in revision and implementation of practice principles, clinical protocols and health care plans as needed;
3. Supervises, consults with, and precepts family practice residents, medical students, and staff nurse practitioners and physician assistants as directed;
4. Serves as a role model for effective teamwork among staff and actively works to maintain positive morale and attitude;
5. Safeguards all patients’ health information whether written, verbal, and electronic with privacy and confidentiality. Follow HIPAA Privacy and Security policies and procedures;
6. Serves as a resource person for clinical staff regarding patient care issues.
7. Establishes and maintains rapport with community agencies;
8. Prescribes pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate to assessed medical conditions;
9. Documents patient histories, progress notes, interventions and orders in the electronic health record;
10. Works collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team;
11. Responsible for development of patient care policy creation and revision as a result of quality improvement activities, including chart audits, peer review, patient satisfaction, incident reports, etc.;
12. Oversight (delegated) for quality improvement activities, most specifically peer review of medical and behavioral health providers, nurses, medical assistants;
13. Promotes the mission and vision of Alluvion Health;
14. Ability to work flexible hours and overtime when requested;
15. Works collaboratively with Alluvion Health’s Leadership Team to ensure compliance with HRSA 330 requirements and reporting including UDS, budget period renewals, audits, FFR and any other submissions required for compliance;
16. Serves on other formal and ad hoc committees and teams as appropriate;
17. Maintains knowledge of current resources, legislative and program changes relevant to PCMH, Medical Home recognition programs, Meaningful Use and QI/QA initiatives;
18. Leads meetings, committees and work groups as needed;
19. Assist in the development and review of policies and procedures and assure all staff adhere to them to improve patient care and utilization of health center resources;
20. Remains knowledgeable of support staff’s roles and responsibilities, as well as all areas of practice to provide continuity of services during position vacancies;
21. Provides leadership, conflict resolution, motivation and promotes team work of employees in achieving agency goals;
Knowledge and understanding of:
· Ability to diagnose and treat conditions within the scope of family practice medicine;
· Knowledge and understanding of the principles and standards of clinical practice in family medicine;
· Thorough knowledge of health promotion and disease prevention strategies;
· Understanding of the principles of patient education and change theory;
· Ability to work as a team member, establishing and maintaining effective relationships with patients and other staff;
· Exhibits cultural sensitivity;
· Ability to identify and treat chronic and acute illnesses and conditions;
· Diagnostic, laboratory, and x-ray procedures;
· Initial emergency measures and treatments in situations such as cardiac arrest, shock, hemorrhage, convulsions, and poisonings;
· Medications and medication effects.
· Utilization of electronic medical records;
· The use of otoscope, stethoscope, vaginal speculum, and other equipment necessary for physical assessments;
· Performing the following routine therapeutic procedures:
· Debridement, suture, and care of superficial wounds;
· Debridement of minor superficial burns;
· Urinary bladder catheterization;
· Removal of foreign bodies from the external surface of the skin;
· Removal of sutures;
· Removal of impacted cerumen;
· Subcutaneous local anesthesia;
· Application of physical therapy modalities;
· Incision and drainage of superficial skin infections.
· Understand written and oral instructions of a technical and professional nature;
· Work within the Family Practice Physician role and recognize when to refer patients to a specialist or other health care provider;
· Recognize and triage to ER life threatening conditions or those beyond the scope of the practitioner;
· Make initial interpretation of all routine clinic functions including lab, x-ray EKG, nebulizer treatment, etc.;
· Take a complete, accurate, and detailed history and perform physical examinations including pelvic and breast exams;
· Maintain professionalism and manage conflict quickly and in a direct and respectful manner;
· Prescribe medications listed in the formulary;
· Accurately record and maintain medical records;
· Adapt to changes in the work environment;
· Manage competing demands, changes in approach or method to best fit the situation;
· Deal with frequent change, delays and or unexpected events;
· Adhere to a high degree of confidentiality and sensitivity towards the families involved;
· Maintain confidentiality and compliance with HIPAA privacy and security rules;
· Work with patients with diverse social economic and cultural backgrounds in an empathic, non-judgmental, respectful and professional manner;
· Work with people from all walks of life, such as individuals with various social and emotional histories, high risk, unemployed, disabled, and homeless, abused, and people with mental health conditions;
· Work independently with little direction but also with a team;
· Analyze and compile information;
· Pass a criminal background check;
· Observe required work hours;
· Communicate effectively orally and in writing;
· Demonstrate punctuality;
· Meet established timelines and/or deadlines;
· Observe established lines of authority;
· Identify problems that adversely affect the organization and its functions;
· Offer suggestions for improvements.
· Deal with the public or other employees in a pleasant and courteous manner
· Graduate from an accredited medical school, licensed to practice as a physician in Montana with full prescriptive authority, current DEA, and board certified or board eligible in Family Practice;
· Two years’ experience in a clinical setting preferred.
· Active Montana license to practice medicine;
· Board certification preferred;
· Valid Driver’s License issued by the State of Montana.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.