Website Alluvion Health
Creating and Inspiring Healthier Lives
Nurse Practitioners for Alluvion Health provide primary and preventive health services to patients as part of an integrated team-based practice.
All employees will exhibit the following behavioral traits:
Integrity and Trust
Individual is widely trusted and can present information and discuss situations in an appropriate and helpful manner, keeps confidences, admits mistakes, doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain. Is respectful in action and communication with clients, patients and staff.
Adheres to the organization’s mission during times of ease or challenge, is dedicated to the expectations and requirements of the mission and vision, acts in line with the values identified by Alluvion Health.
Understands and supports the team approach and integrated model of Alluvion Health. Is seen as a team player, cooperative and supportive of his/her coworkers, practices what he/she preaches. Can be candid with peers and fosters open dialogue. Creates a feeling of belonging on the team and holds self and team accountable to those behaviors.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
1. Performs medical examinations, evaluations, assessments, diagnoses, and treatment to health center patients;
2. Prescribes pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate to assessed medical conditions;
3. Confers with patients, families, and other physicians;
4. Writes case histories and performs follow-up work on progress of patients;
5. Follows established health center policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards;
6. Follow verbal and written instructions;
7. Work as part of a care team as required;
8. Ability to work flexible hours and overtime when requested.
Knowledge and understanding of:
- Providing physical assessments;
- Ability to identify and treat chronic and acute illnesses and conditions;
Diagnostic, laboratory, and x-ray procedures;
- Initial emergency measures and treatments in situations such as cardiac arrest, shock, hemorrhage, convulsions, and poisonings;
- Medications and medication effects.
- Electronic medical record use;
- The use of otoscope, stethoscope, vaginal speculum, pharyngoscope, and other equipment necessary for physical assessments;
- Performing the following routine therapeutic procedures: o injections; o debridement, suture, and care of superficial wounds; o debridement of minor superficial burns; o urinary bladder catheterization; o venipuncture; o removal of foreign bodies from the external surface of the skin; o removal of sutures; o removal of impacted cerumen; o subcutaneous local anesthesia; o application of physical therapy modalities; o incision and drainage of superficial skin infections.
- Understand written and oral instructions of a technical and professional nature;
- Work within the Nurse Practitioner role and to recognize when to refer clients to a physician or other health care provider;
- Recognize and triage to ER life threatening conditions or those beyond the scope of the practitioner;
- Make initial interpretation of all routine clinic functions including lab, x-ray, EKG, nebulizer treatment, etc.;
- Take a complete, accurate, and detailed history and perform physical examinations including pelvic and breast exams;
- Maintain professionalism and manage conflict quickly and in a direct and respectful manner;
- Prescribe medications listed in the formulary and organize and order drugs and other clinic supplies;
- Obtain specimens for culture and microscopic examination;
Accurately record and maintain medical records;
- Maintain confidentiality;
- Establish effective working relationships with fellow employees, supervisors, and the public;
- Observe assigned work hours;
- Work in a team or independently as required;
- Deal with the public or other employees in a pleasant and courteous manner.
- Graduate from an accredited medical school, licensed to practice as a Nurse
Practitioner in Montana with full prescriptive authority, current DEA, and board certified or board eligible;
- One year experience in a clinical setting preferred.
- Active Montana license to practice medicine;
- Board certification preferred;
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com