Website Alluvion Health
Creating and Inspiring Healthier Lives
The Business Analyst assists the Chief Strategic Officer, Program Development Director, Optimization Director and other managers and directors with analysis, assessment and effectiveness of programs at Alluvion. The Business Analyst will help to improve processes and systems, assessing quality outcomes and impact of quality initiatives to assess overall effectiveness and efficiency of the organization. The Business Analyst partners with all members of leadership to ensure effectiveness of current programs and initiatives and participates in the development of future programs and initiatives to ensure measurable quality outcomes and successful delivery of quality care to patients. The Business Analyst will design and develop effective data and quality metric collection efforts in advance of new program roll-out or implementation.
All employees will exhibit the following behavioral traits:
Integrity and Trust
Individual is widely trusted and can present information and discuss situations in an appropriate and helpful manner, keeps confidences, admits mistakes, doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain. Is respectful in action and communication with clients, patients and staff.
Adheres to the organization’s mission during times of ease or challenge, is dedicated to the expectations and requirements of the mission and vision, acts in line with the values identified by Alluvion Health.
Understands and supports the team approach and integrated model of Alluvion Health. Is seen as a team player, cooperative and supportive of his/her coworkers, practices what he/she preaches. Can be candid with peers and fosters open dialogue. Creates a feeling of belonging on the team and holds self and team accountable to those behaviors.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
1. Assesses systems, processes, and programs for opportunities to improve utilization, output or capacity;
2. Assists Program Development Director in program development in identifying new business opportunities, and creating detailed business analysis including data analysis, budgeting, and financial analysis; outlining problems, opportunities, and solutions for new business development;
3. Defining business requirements with a team to produce better business outcomes and reporting them back to stakeholders;
4. Assists Grants Manager with grant proposal development;
5. Assists in grants management and project management in launching new grant funded programs: including planning and monitoring; stakeholder and partnership coordination, tracking performance indicators, and assisting in grant reporting
6. Seeks to increase utilization and quality of data in and out of systems;
7. Assists in the production and analysis of statistical data for patient, provider and facility productivity assessments;
8. Undertakes quality control measures associated with identified responsibilities;
9. Works collaboratively to monitor and improve processes and outcomes of care.
10. Assists in the development and review of policies and procedures and assure all staff adhere to them to improve patient care and utilization of health center resources;
11. Works to increase capacity of Alluvion Health through the creation, design and implementation of new programs and delivery models;
12. Assists with Alluvion Health’s Quality Improvement, Emergency Preparedness, and Risk Management programs;
13. Responsible for completing various special projects/events, which may require reviewing and analyzing information, identifying problems, recommending solutions and writing reports;
14. Works collaboratively with members of Alluvion Health’s Leadership Team to assure achievement of annual business and strategic goals and objectives;
15. Seeks to improve and implement the strategic plan relating to service expansion and diversification of programs;
16. Creates and maintains respectful partnerships with employees and partner agencies;
17. Assists with efforts for corporate compliance, risk management and quality improvement, including PCMH certification;
18. Maintains knowledge of current resources, legislative, and program changes relevant to PCMH, PCPCH, and medical home recognition programs, and Meaningful Use and QA initiatives;
19. Utilizes data and reports to formulate and implement changes in operations to respond to the health care needs of the community;
20. Works collaboratively with Alluvion Health’s Leadership Team and Grants Team to ensure compliance with Health Resources and Services Administration Section 330 Grant Funding (HRSA) requirements and reporting; including Uniform Data System (UDS), budget period renewals, audits, Federal Financial Report (FFR) and any other submissions required for compliance;
21. Performs duties with accuracy and punctuality;
22. Familiarity with, adheres to, and ensures employee manuals, job descriptions, Alluvion Health’s policies and procedures, manuals, OSHA, HIPAA, CLIA and regulations are maintained and followed by every staff member;
23. Performs a variety of other duties as assigned; which may include but are not limited to directing or participating in special projects and events, conducting research, representing Alluvion Health at meetings and conferences, and attending continuing education and training events.
Knowledge and understanding of:
- Healthcare procedures;
- National healthcare quality measures;
- Value based care contracting;
- Population health;
- Knowledge of policy development data analysis and reporting;
- Federal grant regulations pertaining to Community Health Care Centers;
- Thorough knowledge of the role an electronic medical recordkeeping system has in practice management, including meeting governmental and other requirements of certifying/accreditation agencies.
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills;
- In-depth understanding of organizational data flow and its use in management decision-making;
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills;
Implementing quality improvement measures;
- Working independently and being self-motivated while performing job requirements;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Strong analytical, attention to detail and problem solving skills
Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Windows, internet;
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning and keeping current with new technologies.
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex issues, both logical and interpersonal;
- Maintain confidentiality;
- Work independently and plan projects;
- Learn and adequately operate Alluvion Health’s Electronic Health Record;
Organize work and reset priorities in order to complete work responsibilities in a timely manner;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Bachelor’s Degree in healthcare, business or related field required or a combination of education and at least five (5) years of related professional experience
- Two (2) years’ experience in healthcare analytics or data analytics preferred;
- Experience in a Federally Qualified Health Center setting preferred.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.