Website Alluvion Health
Creating and Inspiring Healthier Lives
The Registered Professional Nurse is responsible for providing comprehensive nursing services including assessment, education, counseling, and prevention services to individuals and families at Alluvion Health. Activities are performed in accordance with the licensure of the state of Montana and the policies and procedures of Alluvion Health.
All employees will exhibit the following behavioral traits:
Integrity and Trust
Individual is widely trusted and can present information and discuss situations in an appropriate and helpful manner, keeps confidences, admits mistakes, doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain. Is respectful in action and communication with clients, patients and staff.
Adheres to the organization’s mission during times of ease or challenge, is dedicated to the expectations and requirements of the mission and vision, acts in line with the values identified by Alluvion Health.
Understands and supports the team approach and integrated model of Alluvion Health. Is seen as a team player, cooperative and supportive of his/her coworkers, practices what he/she preaches. Can be candid with peers and fosters open dialogue. Creates a feeling of belonging on the team and holds self and team accountable to those behaviors.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
1. Support and closely coordinate primary health care with the patient’s primary care provider and, when appropriate other health center providers;
2. Reviews patients’ medical records for completeness and updates prior to the patients’ visit;
3. Screen and gather information from patients;
4. Assists in routine physical examinations by preparing the patient, the equipment, and supplies, and assists the Provider as needed;
5. Executes medical orders for specific drugs, treatments, medications, injections and performs testing or procedures per Provider orders;
6. Assesses the immunization status of patients, administers immunizations, and documents immunization records according to written protocol;
7. Facilitate in-clinic or outside referrals to other community providers and organizations;
8. Participate in care team huddles;
9. Coordinates patient flow to assure patients are seen in a timely manner;
10. Facilitate communication regarding treatment recommendations between specialists or other health providers and the primary care provider;
11. Support patient engagement and follow-up in care;
12. Evaluate patient care plans with care team;
13. Document patient encounters, patient progress, treatment, and follow-up care in the electronic medical record system ensuring proper documentation of clinic visits, diagnosis, treatments, and medications within the scope of nursing practice;
14. Track and document referrals for clinically indicated services outside Alluvion Health (mental health specialty care, substance abuse treatment, surgical, diagnostic imaging, hospitalizations, housing assistance, etc.);
15. Attend and participate in meetings and Quality Improvement activities as required;
16. Serve as a member of committees as requested;
17. Participate in peer review as part of Quality Improvement activities and in compliance with health center policies;
18. Maintains confidentiality according to HIPAA and the HITECH Security Act;
19. Works as a team player with staff and other community organizations to ensure quality services and program requirements are met to carry out the goals and objectives of the health center program;
20. Performs duties efficiently and effectively;
21. Performs other duties as required;
22. Follows Alluvion Health policies and procedures;
23. Establishes and maintains positive productive working relationships with fellow employees, supervisors, and the public;
24. Responsible for completing various special projects/events, which may require reviewing and analyzing information, identifying problems, recommending solutions and writing reports.
25. Performs a variety of other duties as assigned; which may include but are not limited to: directing or participating in special projects and events, conducting research, representing Alluvion Health at meetings and conferences, and attending continuing education and training events.
Knowledge and understanding of:
· Primary health care and nursing activities as described in the Montana Nurse Practice Act
· General medical office/clinic practices;
· Community resources;
· Cultural and linguistic sensitivity;
· Basic computer data entry;
· HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules;
· Safety policies and procedures.
· Excellent customer service;
· Time management and organization;
· Strong written and verbal communication;
· Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Windows, Internet, electronic medical record systems;
· Demonstrate good nursing care;
· Collaborate effectively in a team setting;
· Maintain effective and professional relationships with patients and other members of the care team;
· Assess patients as appropriate to current licensure;
· Respond appropriately to an emergency or crisis situation;
· Adapt to changes in the work environment;
· Manage competing demands, changes in approach or method to best fit the situation;
· Deal with frequent change, delays and or unexpected events;
· Adhere to a high degree of confidentiality and sensitivity towards the families involved;
· Maintain confidentiality and compliance with HIPAA privacy and security rules;
· Work with patients with diverse social economic and cultural backgrounds in an empathic, non-judgmental, respectful and professional manner;
· Work with people from all walks of life, such as individuals with various social and emotional histories, high risk, unemployed, and homeless, abused and people with mental health conditions;
· Work independently with little direction but also with a team;
· Read and comprehend materials;
· Analyze and compile information;
· Pass a criminal background check;
· Observe required work hours;
· Demonstrate punctuality;
· Meet established timelines and/or deadlines;
· Observe established lines of authority;
· Identify problems that adversely affect the organization and its functions;
· Offer suggestions for improvements.
· Registered Nurse degree required, Bachelor of Science-Nursing preferred;
· 3-5 years of experience in a primary health care setting or equivalent
· State of Montana Nursing License;
· Must possess a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Montana.
To apply for this job please visit www.indeed.com.