Website Bullhook Community Health Center
Bullhook Community Health Center (BCHC) is an equal opportunity employer. BCHC shall, upon request, provide reasonable accommodations to otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities.
Job Title: Executive Assistant
Supervisor: Chief Executive Officer
Salary Range: $20.26 – $28.88
Job Overview: The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of office, administrative and executive support-related tasks and will be able to work independently with little or no supervision. This person must be exceedingly well organized, flexible and enjoy the administrative challenges of supporting a small office of diverse people and programs. The ability to interact with staff (at all levels) in a fast-paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, and efficient, with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial to this role. Expert level written and verbal communication skills, strong decision-making ability and attention to detail are equally important.
The Executive Assistant will:
• Be responsible for heavy calendar management, requiring interaction with both internal and external executives and assistants, as well as consultants, to coordinate a variety of complex executive meetings
• Answer phones and direct all incoming calls to appropriate party promptly and efficiently
• Communicate and handle incoming and outgoing electronic communications on behalf of the CEO and other C Suite members.
• Assist CEO and other C Suite members with preparation of presentation materials such as board, management and staff meeting materials
• Prepare policies for Management and Board meeting review
• Send finalized policies out to all staff and post on the shared drive
• Review and summarize miscellaneous reports and documents; prepare background documents and outgoing mail as necessary
• Perform bank deposit, mail sorting and drop-off
• Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously, and follow through on issues in a timely manner
• Arrange travel schedule and reservations for executive management as needed
• Perform credentialing and checks against the Office of Inspector General and SAMS monthly
• Work closely with the CEO to coordinate and launch hard copy or email campaigns to consultants, patients, and potential patients
• Initiate new employee set up.
• Cross train with reception staff to provide back-up support as necessary.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Essential Functions (Major Duties or Responsibilities): Manage the Organized Filing System This requires establishing a system that allows for the most recent data to be easily accessible to the CEO, and archiving data past certain dates, dependent upon the type of data. Files must be organized in a manner that allows the CEO to find and access them quickly. Filing should be done on a weekly, if not daily, basis. No unfiled items should remain at the end of the workweek.
The Executive Assistant must know of the CEO’s time commitments and be able to schedule appointments and meetings without conflict. This also requires ensuring that the CEO knows of upcoming deadlines and events which require her participation or attendance.
The Executive Assistant must be able to assist the Marketing Liaison with the annual Public Relations Program and Social Media Campaign. This involves being part of the team that ensures that advertisements meet the mission and vision of this organization. In coordination with the Marketing Liaison, identifies content for updates and performs frequent monitoring of Bullhook’s social media sites.
The Executive Assistant must track be able to represent the CEO with vendors with which BCHC contracts with for various services. This includes meeting with representatives, collecting information, providing accurate and timely information to those vendors, and relaying accurately all relevant information to the CEO.
The Executive Assistant must manage the inflow of correspondence to limit irrelevant emails, faxes, telephone calls, mail, and any other means of correspondence with the CEO. The Executive Assistant must respond timely and in accordance with the CEO’s directives as regards to emails, telephone calls, faxes, letters, and any other correspondence undertaken on behalf of the CEO.
Taking Meeting Minutes
The Executive Assistant must be available during management meetings and Board of Director meetings to take meeting minutes. The minutes must be comprehensive and published in a timely manner.
Minimum Qualifications (Education and Experience):
• 5+ years’ experience in office management
• Excellent calendar management skills, including the coordination of complex executive meetings
• Experience assisting management with the creation of PowerPoint presentations
• Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Experience scheduling travel arrangements for management
• Support experience in a professional services, sales or healthcare environment
• Bachelor’s degree
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA’s): The Executive Assistant must be able to collect, process, analyze and present data timely and accurately to the CEO to assist with the decision-making process. The applicant needs to be proficient at typing to ensure accurate minutes and be comfortable with technology. This will encompass any and all tasks the CEO must accomplish, such as grant-writing, contracting for services, hiring and terminating staff, preparing monthly packages for the Board of Directors, responding to requests for information, and preparing for meetings and events.
The Executive Assistant must present a professional image: this includes manner of dress, speaking on behalf of the CEO with third parties and communications with the CEO directly. The Executive Assistant will be privy to confidential data that relates to other organizations as well as other staff members – discretion is mandatory. No information discussed between the CEO and the Executive Assistant is to be relayed to third parties, unless the CEO so directs.
The Executive Assistant must prepare work products for the CEO and other C Suite members timely and in an organized manner. All information that flows to the CEO from other parties must come through the Executive Assistant first, and must pass to the CEO in an organized, accurate, and timely manner.
Physical and Environmental Demands: Work is performed in an office and clinic setting; stands, walks with intermittent sitting; reaches for and uses writing instruments and keyboard; reads reports and other written materials; extensive use of telephone and oral communication with the public and coworkers; stoops; bends; kneels; reaches for; picks up; and pushes or pulls; ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
Special Requirements: N/A
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully.Benefits: Medical insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Life insurance, Retirement, Vacation leave, Sick leave, Holiday Pay
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org