Website Bullhook Community Health Center
Bullhook Community Health Center (BCHC) is an equal opportunity employer. BCHC shall, upon request,
provide reasonable accommodations to otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities.
Job Title: Patient Accounts/Certified Application Counselor
Supervisor: Patient Accounts Manager Supervises: N/A
Salary Range: $36,650-$52,270 ($17.62-$25.13/hr.)
Job Overview: Patient Accounts/Certified Application Counselor is responsible for daily functions of patient
billing and collection letter monitoring. Communicating daily with patients regarding their account balances claim
issues. Must be highly skilled in verbal communications and be capable of high-volume workloads. This position
will assist in making changes in patient demographics with updating information from insurance companies and
patients. This position is also a Certified Application Counselors for the Affordable Care Act and occasionally
helps community members register for insurance through this program (training and certification can be
completed after hire).
Essential Functions (Major Duties or Responsibilities):
• Monitor patient accounts daily.
• Identify outstanding accounts for collection status.
• Process statements daily.
• Process collection letters daily
• Resolve customer credit issues and refunds.
• Update account status records.
• Contact patients and discuss their overdue payments and possible resolutions.
• Access multiple web portals to identify and verify eligibility and benefits for all patients, including the
deductible and co-pay information prior to the appointment.
• Collect and prepare daily deposits and record reconciliation spreadsheets.
• Process patient account payments.
• Participate in staff meetings and other meetings as instructed.
• Adhere to the Mission and Values of BCHC.
• Performs other duties as required and assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Education and Experience): High school diploma or equivalent. One year
minimum experience in office experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Excellent customer service and communication skills.
• Ability to work as a team member.
• Manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Highly motivated and organized.
• Empathetic with patients’ needs and concerns.
• Understanding of insurance plan types, medical terminology, and basic billing processes.
• Ability to work independently and complete tasks within the expected timeframe.
• Attention to detail and ability to complete the job with minimal errors.
• Experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Teams (preferred)
• Working knowledge of multiple computer software.
• Problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
• The person in this position works a professional workweek and the incumbent’s flexibility to this work
schedule is considered a condition of employment. It is understood that the hours of work may vary from
day to day, week to week. The hiring manager will work with the incumbent to determine work schedule
• Ability to travel locally and occasionally out of town.
• Valid Montana Driver’s License, able to become part of the center’s insurance policy.
• Applicant must be fully vaccinated for Covid-19 or request and be granted a medical or religious
Physical and Environmental Demands: Work is performed in an office and clinic setting; sitting, with
intermittent standing and walks; reaches for the and uses writing instruments and keyboard; reads reports and
other written materials; extensive use of telephone and oral communication with the public and coworkers;
stoops, bends, kneels, reaches for, picks up, and pushes or pulls; ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
Special Requirements: Performs duties in the deliverance of health services. Hazardous risks may include
exposure to infected body fluids, sharp instruments, and chemicals, requires adherence to universal safety
Bullhook Community Health Center truly believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to the
exceptional care of our patients and the health of our community. That contribution is not limited by assigned
responsibilities. This position description is designed only to outline primary duties, qualifications, and scope, but
not limit employees or BCHC to the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will work together
as a team treating one another with respect as well as offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary,
and continually contribute to ensure the integrity of our team and provide the best possible care for our patients.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org