Website Community Health Partners
REAL PEOPLE- REMARKABLE HEALTHCARE
We’re seeking a full-time Mid-Level Provider (NP/PA). Want to make a difference in YOUR community?
Come work at Community Health Partners- Belgrade (CHP)! It’s a great place to work! We serve our community members by providing patient centered care with compassion and without judgment. CHP is affordable care for everyone. At CHP, we pride ourselves on giving you the ability to collaborate with other professionals feeling valued and respected as a team member. If you are interested in joining our great community, you will find CHP a meaningful and rewarding place to work.
To apply, please send resume, references and letter of interest to Kaleena Uber email@example.com. CHP is an Equal Opportunity provider and employer. Background screen required upon offer. Check out our web site at www.chphealthmt.org.
What we want from you:
· Someone who wants to serve our community
· Someone who is eager to learn
· Team player
· Someone that can multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
What you will get from us:
·We offer $2025.00 of reimbursable funds for CME and 8 paid shifts annually for providers to use on CME.
-Our retirement benefit is a safe harbor 403B and CHP matches up to 4% of employee’s gross payroll.
-Providers have 4 weeks of paid vacation as a starting benefit. You would be eligible to use this time after 3 months of employment. After 4 years, providers are eligible for 5 weeks of paid vacation time. We observe 8 paid holidays throughout the year. Providers also have approximately 10 days of sick time per year.
-Our providers take after-hours phone call for CHP’s patient population on a rotating basis. This will average 2-3 weeknights per month and 1-2 weekends per 3 months. This is included in the salary.
-Providers are expected to work three early shifts and one late shift each week. Patients are scheduled between 8 am and 5 pm on our ‘early’ days and from 10-7 on our ‘late’ days.
-We offer health insurance through BlueCrossBlueShield of Montana. Employees have a choice between two plans. The premium for our High Deductible Plan ($5,000 deductible) is covered in full for the employee, there is premium cost sharing for the alternate plan.
-We offer dental insurance through BlueCrossBlueShield.
-With respect to malpractice insurance, as an FQHC, CHP providers are covered under the Federal Tort Claims Act deeming.
· Life insurance- 50K employer sponsored life and AD&D policy
· Flexible Spending Account or Health Savings Account with employer contributions, if applicable
· Employee Assistance Program
· Wellness Program
· Lastly, we care about YOU and our COMMUNITY
Functions as a member of the primary health care team, under clinical supervision of the Medical Director and general supervision of the Clinic Director. Provides professional level of primary health care within their scope of practice.
1. Works as a team member to provides patient care in the clinic setting with the primary role of assessment, diagnosis, and treatment according to scope of license. Incorporates principles of primary preventive care for individuals and families. Works collaboratively with team members such as nurse, MA, administrative generalist, resource coordinators, Behavioral Health Specialists etc. to enhance patient health education, provide information, teach, arrange referrals and/or encourage compliance, as appropriate.
2. Performs physical and psycho-social assessment, diagnosis and treatment based on established protocols. Assesses teaching opportunities and provides health education as an integral part of all patient interactions. Provides instruction and counseling to individuals, families and groups in the areas of health promotion and maintenance, involving such persons in planning their health care. Involves team members as appropriate to promote wellness and disease prevention.
3. Serves as a channel of communication among community, the clients, physicians, and local hospitals. Participates in a partnership between the local medical community and local agencies to identify health care delivery issues. Attends board meetings periodically as requested.
4. Participates in quality assurance activities as directed. Works in collaboration with other health care team members and community agencies to provide appropriate, cohesive services to individuals and families.
5. Participates in problem solving and Clinical Quality Improvement (E2) and risk management activities by applying LEAN principles, engaging in Patient Centered Medical Homes and Meaningful Use recognition programs and working to implement patient centered communication skills.
6. Document all patient visits in the interest of the patient – primarily for the overall record of the development of a treatment plan. Documentation should be based on Medical Record and primary health care standards and be completed by the end of the sixth day after the visit.
7. Maintains appropriate clinical measures while caring for panel with an average of 16 visits per shift using a patient-centered, collaborative approach.
8. Maintains expertise in family practice through continuing education.
9. Further the mission of CHP through active support of the strategic goals.
10. Understands and adheres to HIPAA regulations.
1. Work in the Physician Assistant/Nurse Practitioner role and to recognize when to refer clients to a physician or another health care provider.
2. Recognize and triage to local emergency department any life threatening conditions or those beyond the scope of the practitioner.
3. Conduct self in a professional manner and to manage conflict quickly, directly, and respectfully.
4. Participate in preceptor role for students doing clinical rotations at CHP.
5. Ability to report to work as scheduled and work a flexible schedule when needed which may include travel to other sites.
Skills and Attitudes
1. Experience working with limited resource population.
2. Ability to work with grace under pressure.
3. Ability to work in a team and to share responsibilities and duties.
4. Ability to resolve interpersonal conflict in a straightforward and timely manner.
5. Ability to set priorities, be organized, and be a self-starter.
6. Ability to be friendly, empathetic, and an adept communicator.
7. Ability to treat both staff and patients with respect.
8. Ability to navigate technology efficiently.
9. Ability to gracefully accept and respond to feedback.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org