Behavioral Health Provider
FLSA Exempt – Full-time, Salary DOE
Under the direction of the Director of Behavioral Health, provides behavioral health services to a diverse patient population. The Behavioral Health Provider (BHP) will understand and model the mission of SWMTCHC. The BHP will understand behavioral health integration and practice the clinic’s policy on confidentiality as it applies to all clinic information, exhibit professional behavior in all facets of work at SWMTCHC, and will exhibit teamwork with all SWMTCHC staff.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Knowledge of Behavioral Health Interventions in an integrated behavioral health model and evidenced-based treatments for mental health conditions
· Experience with primary models used including cognitive behavioral therapy, acceptance and commitment therapy, problem-solving therapy, dialectical behavioral therapy, and behavioral activation
· Understanding of human development (child development, life stages)
· Working knowledge of psycho-pharmacology.
· Experience in proving psycho-education to individuals or groups of people
· Comfort working with both adolescents and adults
· Work in collaboration with the patient’s primary care provider and on-site psychiatric provider when appropriate
· Engage patients in primary care therapy interventions for a variety of mental and physical health conditions. Appointments may be in-person or via virtual platforms.
· Conduct suicide assessments and make recommendations to medical providers and patients, determining if Crisis Response Services are appropriate for patient safety
· Provide behavioral health services to both adolescents and adults that are patients of the health clinic
· Attend team huddles and communicate regularly with the care team
· Work in conjunction with the primary care team in developing care plans and goal setting
· Teach patients, families and staff prevention and intervention techniques
· Be aware of community resources and make referrals as appropriate
· Educate patients, family members and community resource persons regarding mental illness, wellness, medication and related issues
· Attend and participate in all required meetings
· Must follow Code of Ethics established by his or her professional licensing group
· Model the mission of the SWMTCHC, be a person of integrity and trust and be a team player in all facets of the job
· Understand and support the team approach
· Able to write clearly and concisely in a variety of settings and styles and complete documentation within 3 days of encounter
· Understands necessary information to communicate in written format regarding patient care
· Develop and facilitate group therapy as appropriate
· Participates in continuous quality improvement activities
· Remains current with standards of mental and behavioral health practice
· Other duties as assigned
Required Education and Experience:
· Master’s Degree in Social Work
· Two years’ experience working in a medical clinic, behavioral health clinic, or school setting preferred
· Previous experience working in a team setting or integrated behavioral health model is preferred
Southwest Montana Community Health Center is an EEO EmployerBenefits: Southwest Montana Community Health Center is a dynamic, multi-site organization that is a leader in providing integrated healthcare to supportive, dedicated communities. We offer a robust selection of services including primary medical, dental, behavioral health, pharmacy, and care management in a 4-county area. We are a community-minded, mission-driven organization delivering quality care using a true team-based, collaborative model. Eligible employees are offered a competitive wage; full benefits package including affordable health, dental, vision, voluntary life/ADD benefits; company paid life/ADD benefit; retirement plan with company match after one year; paid vacation, sick, and holidays; great work/life balance; employee discounts on services; and more, in a pleasant and professional environment.
To apply for this job please visit swmtchc.betterteam.com.